- A database of drug and clinical information
- Contains all drugs prescribed in the UK
- Arranged in a semantic web
- Concepts defined by semantic types and the relationships between them
- Currently holds over 843,000 concepts
What is our ontology?
What can it be used for?
There is a wide range of potential uses for our ontology, these include:
- Patient information leaflets;
- Prescribing guides;
- Integration with electronic medical record;
- Drug formulary;
- Drug cost analysis;
- Medicines adherence and optimisation;
- Patient population identification;
- Drug trials;
- Risk stratification;
- Medicines Usage Reviews (MURs);
- Educational tools – drug guides;
- Symptom checker;
- Dose checker;
- Interaction checker
If you would like to discuss access to our ontology or a demonstration please contact us.